Search by keyword
e.g. Faculty, Biology, Admission
Senior Director, Donor Relations & Engagement
Job no: 494311
Work type: Regular
Location: Hybrid, Los Angeles
Title: Sr. Director, Donor Relations & Engagement
Department: Institutional Advancement Mgmt.
As a key member of the Institutional Advancement team, the Senior Director of Donor Relations and Engagement will play a pivotal role in cultivating and strengthening relationships with donors, ensuring their ongoing engagement and support for the College's mission. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement Services and Engagement, the Senior Director leads and encourages collaboration among the donor relations, stewardship, events and IA communications teams, serving as the architect of plans that work across these functions and Institutional Advancement. They will engage internal colleagues, donors, alumni and parents and bring a donor-centered approach that provides consistent and exceptional donor experiences across all giving levels. The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager with a proven track record of success in developing and implementing comprehensive donor engagement strategies.
- Develop and implement innovative and personalized donor engagement and stewardship strategies that foster meaningful connections and deepen relationships. Outcomes of these strategies are intended to increase donor retention and constituent satisfaction and help build the pipeline for annual, major and principal gifts.
- In partnership with donor relations, communications, and fundraising colleagues, oversee the creation and dissemination of compelling donor communications, including personalized correspondence, endowed fund reports, and impact reports.
- Utilize data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of donor engagement strategies on retention, pledge fulfillment and overall fundraising and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with other Institutional Advancement team members to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to donor engagement and stewardship.
- Develop an annual management plan that includes goals, clearly outlines team expectations and utilizes data to measure impact.
- In collaboration with the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement, annually lead the development of a comprehensive Institutional Advancement event plan for campus-based and regional events that vary in scope and objective (solicitation, engagement, stewardship, etc.) and strategically align College priorities with the marketing and programming of Oxy’s engagement and tentpole events. Plan includes travel and event recommendations for the President’s work with Institutional Advancement.
- Partner with prospect management, frontline fundraisers, and event colleagues to maximize the participation of key prospect and donor constituencies in College events, track outcomes and ensure follow-up strategies are implemented.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Seven years or more of progressively responsible experience in donor relations, engagement, and stewardship, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing comprehensive donor engagement strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills across mediums.
- In person and video conference meeting development and facilitation capabilities.
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team of professionals.
- Creative and innovative approach to donor engagement, with a focus on personalization and impact.
- Substantial knowledge of best practices in fundraising, donor relations, events and constituent engagement is essential.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Able to handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals.
- Passion for the mission of a liberal arts education and a commitment to fostering a culture of philanthropy.
- Strong understanding of the unique needs and motivations of donors at various giving levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to providing a high level of service to donors.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel periodically.
- Experience with comprehensive fundraising campaigns is preferred.
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: $108,000 - $120,000/yr
If you are offered this position at Occidental College, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills, education, experience, and/or geographic location. In addition to those factors, Occidental complies with applicable pay equity laws and considers internal equity among current employees when developing the final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp