Search by keyword
e.g. Faculty, Biology, Admission
Job no: 494368
Work type: Regular
Location: Los Angeles
Title: Registrar's Assistant
Department: Academic Support
The Registrar Assistant is the primary point of contact for students, staff, faculty, and administrators with questions regarding the services provided by the Office of the Registrar. Additionally, the Registrar's Assistant is responsible for various administrative tasks and assisting in the maintenance of student records. This position is represented for purposes of collective bargaining by SEIU.
- 40% - Assume primary responsibility for sending and receiving office correspondence and serve as the primary point of contact regarding College academic policies, degree requirements, registration, and office forms. Distribute and redirect, as appropriate, incoming office mail and email. - (Essential)
- 20% - Process all requests for official and unofficial (grade reports) transcripts and duplicate diplomas, and assist students, alumni, and administrative offices with any issues related to these orders. - (Essential)
- 20% - Process approved schedule adjustment and late drop forms submitted by students. Prepare forms for students intending to transfer to another institution as requested. Record changes to a student’s academic program, including major and minor declarations. Create and send special letters and messages and update forms as needed, including providing verification of enrollment and the expected graduation date of a student. - (Essential)
- 10% - Enter new adviser assignments as provided by the Director of Academic Advising and code adviser changes when submitted, including the addition of temporary adviser assignments as needed. Coordinate with the Registrar and the Associate Deans for the review and approval of all independent study contracts. - (Marginal)
- 10% - Create and maintain staff meeting agendas, staff meeting minutes, and the office operations calendar. Supervise office student worker. - (Marginal)
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience related to position responsibilities.
- Minimum of one year of experience serving in a clerical/reception/administrative office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google drives/folders/forms, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and thorough; skilled at anticipating and preventing potential problems and handling a wide variety of tasks with efficiency and accuracy. Strong commitment to a quality work product.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and electronically. Effective interpersonal skills as evidenced in the ability to collaborate with a variety of constituencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, inclusion & diversity.
- Demonstrated skill in adapting to and performing work effectively in high-volume, high accountability, confidential environment with multiple and changing priorities. Effective organizational, logistical, time management and planning skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, prioritize and fulfill the functions of an office in a timely manner.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and training, and to work effectively and professionally across functions, disciplines, levels, and with diverse groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner software
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: $20.00 - $22.00/hr
If you are offered this position at Occidental College, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills, education, experience, and/or geographic location. In addition to those factors, Occidental complies with applicable pay equity laws and considers internal equity among current employees when developing the final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp